A Tribute to Papa on Father’s Day



 
“Those we love never truly leave us.



  There are things that death cannot touch.”
- Harry Potter Series

 



A father is the first man a girl falls in love with, who never breaks her heart. A father is the first friend of a son, who is a mentor as well. We grow being pampered, guided, and mentored by our fathers. Then we leave home and step into a new world for studies or career, far from his protection but always within his love and care. Days, months, and years pass, and we become used to meeting him sporadically, until we get separated due to reasons beyond human control.




I understand this pain as I have been through this when the sting of death took him from me and my family. Just like any other child, I have innumerable memories with him. Every year on Father’s Day, I used to do something special for him but unfortunately this year, he is not with me. So, here I pour my heart in loving remembrance of my loving papa with help of a few quotes and some words.




To him, I want to say - "During your last moments, you held my hand and promised that you will always hold it. I know you didn’t want to go, not because you were afraid of death but because you were worried about the people you were soon to leave behind. I believe, you are living with us in form of your promise. Still, I MISS you papa, I NEED you."

Here are some quotes that I and people like me, who have lost their daddies, would love to convey them –


 



§  My loss is Heaven’s gain. I miss you daddy.

§  My father now couldn’t warm my frozen hands. ~Tahereh Mafi

§  I still get a lot of hugs, but none of them as warm as yours. I miss you dad

§  Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten. ~Conrad Hall

§  Death took away not just my dad, but also someone who was my unsung hero. I miss you.

§  I never knew that being fatherless would make me feel so aimless, worthless, powerless, heartless, and helpless. I miss you dad.

§  Dad! Death may have taken you away from me, but my life’s hero you’ll forever be.

§  No matter what I do to move on from this pain, deep down inside I will always know that I’ll never get to hug my dad again. I miss you.

§  Dad, your death has caged me in pain, agony, and misery. But I don’t mind suffering, at least it has set you free from your sufferings.

§  Dad, your memories are my life’s only solace. Still missing you. (Please come back)

§  Death thinks it can take you away from me. But it doesn’t know you will always live in my memory. I miss you, Daddy.

§  Daddy I wish you were still here with all of us. I miss you so much. Please come back!

§  All my life I kept wishing to grow older so I could finally move out and do my own thing. But now I wish I could just turn back time to be a child and hug my daddy again. I miss you my dad.

§  The pain and regret of not making the most of every single moment we spent together are worse than the pain of your death. I miss you, dad.

§  Whenever I need you papa, you are never around! Life has not been the same without you. I miss you so much.

§  I wish I could turn back the clock and bring that time when you were with us. Papa I miss you!

§  If ever god gives me a chance to wish something I would definitely choose to spend one day with you. I wish you could come back to us daddy.

§  Daddy even though you are not with us, the memories of our togetherness will be cherished forever.

§  I can’t forget the day when you left us. Life is something that goes on. But I can’t forget the time spent with you daddy. I miss you so much.

§  It is said time heals your wounds. But the wound that you has given us by passing away is something that is not healing.




Papa, I still miss you calling out my name when you used to come back from office, taking me for a ride whenever I was upset, being my horror movie partner, your dance moves, joining you as you sing old movie songs, those bed time stories and sweet lullabies, trading science facts as an interesting story, that blissful kiss on forehead every time I came home, appreciating my cooking disasters and happily gorging on the same, whenever I see a family of four, train’s halt at stations and you forcing me to have an ice cream, a chocolate, or a soft drink, a dad pushing his little girl on a swing, and a dad walking his daughter down the aisle, I mourn every piece of my life’s story to which you were the hero.


If you have your daddy around this Father’s Day, you are blessed every day. Go, hug him tight and tell him how much you love him. Call him and let him know how much he means to you. And don’t forget to wish him “Happy Father’s Day.” Some of us can’t do so, no matter how much we ache for him.



In loving memory of all dads in heaven.

 

Comments